This is a tale of epic failure… but all hope is not lost.
When I recorded the first SpecterChess, I did so with the intention of only having audio to distribute. I used screen recording software and thought I might also get away with putting out video.
That was a problem.
The video / audio quality got corrupted somehow and I was trying to salvage as much as I could, obviously making me VERY behind. At one point, I even lost the file entirely (totally unusable, not “couldn’t find it”). I had a backup on a different hard drive and stopped futzing with the video and just tried getting the audio. Another failure.
Going back to the original backup, I’m going to be pulling off the audio without any attempt at restoring any issues. I’m not going to edit in the music or other sound effects, either. There was going to be a big production. I WILL be releasing SpecterChess 1 in as rough a form as it is because I’ve spent months fighting this issue.
I’m going to set expectations, too… this might be the only SpecterChess to be released. I have more time to work with stuff but there’s been so much that has gone into this that I’m sapped (even so much as I’ve timed out on no less than 20 games of chess because I was so focused on getting this thing up and running). I’m not totally set to give up on it but I’m also realistic enough to understand that it probably isn’t going to be what I wanted it to be…
Hang in there, the audio is coming.